Wednesday, December 3, 2008

For you, baby:

DAY 1:

Said bye-bye to my baby and my aunts and boarded the plane with a splitting headache. Sigh sigh. The weird airport smell and cold cold a.c totally did my head in. Turns out that me and peanut were given separate seats on the plane; him somewhere in the middle cabin and me somewhere in the last cabin. ]]: what luck. I got stuck next to a woman who stared at me almost the whole journey with this man behind me who kept tapping on my shoulder and saying “excuse me, excuse me” whenever I leaned back to go to sleep. Despite the fact that he had his seat pushed fully back, Asshole. In the end I just ignored him and attempted sleep. :D

Reached Dubai with the back of my knees all numb and heavy. Queued to get pea on the same flight as me back to Muscat on Oman Air - finally managed it, but again not together. Sigh. This time I was in front and him somewhere in the middle. We were delayed almost an hour plus cause of some passengers who were late boarding and lots of fierce arabic was going on between the irritated late passengers and the flight steward who was trying to be diplomatic. Reminded me of Russell Peters and his comments about the scary arabic haha.

Touched down in Muscat and for the first time ever didn’t need to join the hour long queue for passport check cause I had to get a visa and therefore got to join the non-existent ‘visit visa’ line! :D First time ever! Woots! I also kena a very nice guy who quickly helped me solve the problem of my once-again non-existent passport no. :DDD Grabbed the luggage and home-d.

HOME! Hehe. Omg the new house is GORGEOUS! Tdjhudjk!! Hehe. Marble everywhere, huge windows an overkill of toilets, large rooms and really pretty heavy dark wooden doors with gold handles. Gawwwddd. :D

Had a late night chat with mum and spent the rest of the night unpacking till almost 4am. Then... zzzz!


DAY 2:

Food food food! Woke up to a really sweet email and pictures from my baby - totally made my day [[[: - and just in time for take away Papa John’s... Had yummy yummy pizza with bbq chicken wings and cheese breadsticks with this amazing garlic sauce! Gahhh! Then visiting the new city centre near home I got to try out some of the best ice-cream ever! Totally blew Ben and Jerry’s and Haagen Daaz and any Japanese-brand ice cream right out of the water. Good God.
I tried out the flavours sweet cream, cheesecake, cotton candy, cinnamon and coffee. I finally chose sweet cream and cinnamon.. Delicious delicious! They had the most unique way of mixing the ice cream together... They used these flat scoops and put the two scoops one on top of the other, then used the scoops to chop up the ice cream and mix them together. ohmygod,, orgasmic. [[:
Then mum cooked beef tenderloin with onions for dinner :DD after which we shared some sweet buttery ice cream with pecan nuts. I thought my stomach was going to explode. Sighhhh.

The only downside was the internet connection here which kept crapping up and was utterly frustrating. Bought two books at Borders and some small presents though which helped make up for it :D Can’t wait to show baby the ‘Love” keychain I bought for myself.


DAY 3:

Worst day yet. No internet for almost the whole day and some paranoid issue kept spinning round my mind all afternoon. Sigh. Then due to some miscommunications with baby we ended on a really unhappy note. ]]:
More food today again. The leftover cheese breadsticks for breakfast with Mum while watching Without a Trace (yes, we have cable!). Then lunch was soup pasta and apple pastry pie baked by mumee for tea and then out for dinner to D’Arcy’s where I had the nicest beef steak fillet with mash and boiled vegetables along with Greek Island salad and cream of broccoli soup and banana and honey milkshake. I am going to be fat by the time I go back to singapore. :DD

But I have to say, it feels great! My stomach feels like it’s about to drop straight out of my body. Hehe. I feel so sleepy after each meal... Pig pig pig pig PIG! oink oink!

Mee promised to teach me how to bake the apple pastry pie tomorrow... Don’t worry though I shall hit the gym in the aftrenoon since I can’t swim in the morning due to my new hair ]]: Don’t want it to fade too fast and the chlorine wouldn’t help much :D

Some pictures...


Smile smile, please?
143 [:...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home