Thursday, December 25, 2008

I'm just a face on a lover with a fire in my heart.

Another tired face on a lover with an addicted heart.
And this Christmas has torn it apart.
Won't you tell me, is it healthy, baby?

1am Christmas morning and you've already cried twice.
You never really knew how much it could hurt.
That somebody can just walk away.
When they know that you're hurting.
On a Christmas morning.

I'm all alone
The only voice is my own
Did you know that I
hurt this bad?

You hope.
But you don't want to.
Because it's when you hope that you know disappointment.
But yet, you still hope.
Because you can't help it.

There's no such thing
as Santa.
There's no such thing
as a little Christmas magic.

There's no such thing
as a special 9 month.

Who's that stranger in the mirror?
With her blotchy skin.
Her chapped lips.
Puffy eye bags.
Dried salty trails over slapped cheeks.
And empty eyes.


Who's that stranger in the mirror?


Memories here to stay
Deep cuts the knife

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home